Peace, Purity and Freedom

Saturday 29 June 2019

Konmalehth Elections 2019: Interview with Chair candidate Hardy

In the second part of the series of interviews with the candidates of the Konmalehth executive elections, the Batyr Times discusses with the sole Chair candidate Emiel Sebastiaan Hardy his opinions regarding the current status of the Konmalehth, his policy ideas and thoughts regarding being the sole chair candidate.
Emiel Sebastiaan Hardy is the representative of the Konmalehth for Mahuset and also serves as the President of the country. Hardy is one of the longest-serving micronationalists within the organisation, founding the precursor of Mahuset in 2012. He has also held roles in other micronations, including Abelden, Pavlov and Slin.

Interview

Q: What made you wish to enter the race for Chair of the Konmalehth?
A: The Konmalehth is a great organisation of which I personally believe it has, unlike some "YAMOs", actually proven to be helpful in things like diplomacy between its member states. I believe that I would be a suitable Chair in introducing several plans, such as the broadcasting union and press agency (both of which were proposed by me) and perhaps something like a currency exchange union-like thing, a very rough idea similar to this has been proposed although I'm not sure what became of this. In fact, just after the Confederation of Mahuset, of which I am President, joined the Konmalehth, the Legatian delegate to the Konmalehth, Stephen Fryeath, actually offered for me to run for chair at the time. I refused at the time, believing it wasn't an appropriate time for me to run yet, but I now believe the "time is right" for me to go and run for the position of chair.
Q: What is your opinion on the current state and development of the Konmalehth and the work of the previous Chair and Vice-Chair?
A: I believe that the Konmalehth has developed into quite a sophisticated organisation and I believe the fact that the Konmalehth wasn't (to my knowledge at least) negatively influenced by the drama that happened in Abelden and Mahuset to be proof of that. As I stated earlier, I believe the Konmalehth succeeded in reaching its goals where other "YAMOs" failed. I also fully approve of the previous Chair and Vice-Chair, who I believe to have worked quite hard in improving the Konmalehth.
Q: What are your opinions regarding the expansion of the Konmalehth and what nations we should accept into the organisation?
A: Although I support expansion of the Konmalehth, I do think that this should be limited to nations which have a certain "closeness" (whether culturally or politically) to the other nations in Konmalehth. If we were to be open to nations outside of this "sphere", I believe that there are certain problems we as an organisation just wouldn't be able to prevent. To name two examples, I would cite the Empire of Lehmark joining the GUM despite claiming the entire planet at the time, and the nations of Quebec, Ikonia and Baustralia using the GUM as a sort of proxy for the conflicts between the three.
Q: What do you believe the Konmalehth's place is within the intermicronational community?
A: I believe the Konmalehth has a seperate role within the intermicronational community and I believe being a suitable alternative to the MicroWiki community is a part of this. I believe that, as long as we stay an open and welcoming community to other nations that share our goals, we will be a suitable community of our own which could rival MicroWiki in some very significant ways.
Q: Tell us about any specific changes, reforms or policies you would wish to implement within the Konmalehth.
A: Currently my plans are to introduce a broadcasting union, a press agency and a currency exchange mechanism.
Q: Can you elaborate on your plans regarding the press agency and currency exchange. How do you plan to appoint editors for its news service and keep them neutral? Also, do you have any ideas how your currency exchange plan will function?
A: My current plan for the press agency is for a dormant Mahusetan press agency to be transformed into a Konmalehth-wide press agency serving news from across the Konmalehth to its member publications. As to the neutrality of editors, I will attempt to open a dialogue within the Konmalehth's quorum to decide how to do this. My current plan for the currency exchange mechanism is one resembling the European Exchange Rate Mechanism, starting with a pilot in two or more states. I will however consult with the other states in the Konmalehth as to what the best implementation would be, perhaps not resembling the ERM at all.
Q: What is your opinion regarding the lack of competition during this Chair election? Do you think this is a bad thing?
A: I was incredibly surprised by the lack of competition, expecting several others to nominate themselves  by the time I expressed my interest. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of other candidates and hope other candidates will nominate themselves when the time comes for the next election.
Q: What are your thoughts regarding the two Vice-Chair candidates?
A: I believe both candidates to be capable candidates with the best interests of the Konmalehth in mind.
Q: Finally, please explain why the representatives of the Konmalehth should select you as Chair?
A: I believe that my policies will help improve the Konmalehth for the better and will help cooperation between the individual member states.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us

Hasanistan, officially the Federal Republic of Hasanistan (Hasani: Hasanistan Federal Jumhuriyeti), is a self-proclaimed state with territorial claims situated across the Greater Middle East region. Hasanistan has been described as a micronation or an alternative government by external observers due to its lack of international recognition and the minimal control over the regions it holds territorial claims upon.

Apply for citizenship

Social

Translation

Blog Archive