Peace, Purity and Freedom

Wednesday 26 June 2019

Konmalehth Elections 2019: Interviews with the Vice-Chair candidates

Two days before the delegates of the Konmalehth elect their new Chair and Vice-Chair, the Batyr Times has interviewed the two candidates for the office of Vice-Chair of the organisation to get a better understanding of their promises, plans and ideas. This interview is part of the Batyr Times' series of interviews ahead of the Konmalehth executive selection, with the interview with the currently and likely sole candidate for Chair Emiel Hardy being released tomorrow.

Connor I

Connor I is the representative of the Kingdom of Atovia within the Konmalehth, also serving as its Monarch and having involvement in other nations such as Atovia's predecessor Mallanor, Transterra and the Abeldane Empire. He has played a role in developing some of the Konmalehth's current existing institutions. He announced his candidacy on 24 June 2019, two days after rival Vilcho.

Full interview:

Q: What made you wish to enter the race for Vice-Chair of the Konmalehth?
A: I first decided to run for Vice-Chair to help the organization continue to grow and to advance the projects we have already started. I am an experienced leader, so I believe that I am the best person for the job.
Q: What is your opinion on the current state and development of the Konmalehth and the work of the previous Chair and Vice-Chair?
A: I believe that the Konmalehth has developed very well during the short time since its formation. The previous Chair and Vice-Chair have done a great job of advancing and developing the organization into something great.
Q: What are your opinions regarding the expansion of the Konmalehth and what nations we should accept into the organisation?
A: Obviously the Konmalehth should continue to grow on order to fulfil its goals. I'd like to avoid the issues faced by the GUM in its recent members. The Konmalehth is a distinctly less formal institution than the GUM, but we should still be vetting applicants carefully to ensure that they:
  1. Are stable enough to not collapse after a few weeks;
  2. Are not overly unrealistic;
  3. Are a good fit for the organization, keeping existing good and bad relationships in mind.
Q: What do you believe the Konmalehth's place is within the intermicronational community?
A: I believe that it can be a distinct alternative to the MicroWiki community. This is shown by the use of the Konmalehth Libraries, an alternate MicroWiki. I believe that this is where the Konmalehth is its best.
Q: Do you believe the Konmalehth should maintain contact with the MicroWiki Community and co-operate with it?
A: Yes, I do. Almost every nation is a part of that community, so it is important to make sure that the Konmalehth is known there. I'd guess that many have not heard of the Konmalehth yet, so we should maintain contact without becoming dependent.
Q: Tell us about any specific changes, reforms or policies you would wish to implement within the Konmalehth.
A: I would promote the more widespread use of the various Konmalehth committees. The committees were created to help member nations develop themselves, so I would increase the use of existing ones and also form some general committees. The KommonStates project is also something that I would develop. My history of changes to the Konmalehth already includes many important things. For example, I was a founding member of the Heraldry Committee, I helped to come up with a citizenship sharing regulation, and the nonstop quorum was my proposal. These changes are only the beginning of what I have planned for the Konmalehth.
Q: If you don't mind, could you elaborate on some of your points for us. What general committees would you create and what purpose would they serve? What would you like to see developed within the KommonStates?
A: Currently, our committees are very specific in their goals, only focusing on a small facet of a nation. I would create committees that focus on broad areas of national development. Some examples of what this might include are a Government committee that will focus on all aspects of a nation's government to help them improve. Another might be a Constitution/Document committee to help with writing a Constitution and with creating specific document templates for various uses.
I would like to continue the work of the previous administration on the KommonStates, namely getting members in. Non-Konmalehth states can also participate in the running of the KommonStates, but their votes will not be weighted as much as full member states.
Q: What is your opinion regarding your opposing candidate?
A: I have nothing against him personally and I respect him and his nation. However, he is quite a recent member, being here for less than a month, and he is not very experienced.
Q: What are your thoughts regarding the sole Chair candidate and your potential executive colleague Emiel Hardy? Are you concerned regarding the lack of competition in the Chair elections?
A: I believe that Emiel is entirely capable of handling the position of Chair. I'm not so much concerned as I am hopeful that future elections will be far more active due to the development of this next administration.
Q: Would you consider a run for the Chair in the future?
A: Yes, I would indeed. I felt that I would not be able to dedicate enough time this year to run for Chair, but I would still like to help this organization. A future run for Chair is very likely.
Q: Finally, please explain why the representatives of the Konmalehth should select you as Vice Chair?
A: I believe that I am the best choice for Vice-Chair due to my experience with similar organizations. I have a proven track record of successful and functional nations, and my work within the Konmalehth will only continue to increase as Vice-Chair.

Vilcho

Vilcho is the representative of the Republic of Helvetica within the Konmalehth, also serving as its President. Helvetica is a relatively new micronation and joined the organisation last month. Vilcho was the first Vice-Chair candidate to announce his candidacy on 22 June 2019.

Full interview:

Q: What made you wish to enter the race for Vice-Chair of the Konmalehth?
A: The lack of candidate choice, wishing to expand Helvetica's influence and feeling that I owe something to an organisation that welcomed me and others so warmly.
Q: That is interesting. Some would say your micronations is relatively new and you may not have the experience with dealing with international-level politics. What would you say about that?
A: My nation may be new but overall I think although I may not have much experience in an international community, I would be a good leader in the organisation because I am very organised and would be able to co-ordinate and co-operate people with conflicting interests.
Q: What is your opinion on the current state and development of the Konmalehth and the work of the previous Chair and Vice-Chair?
A: I believe that the previous Chair and Vice-Chair have done an excellent job at expanding the horizons and scope of the Konmalehth. I relive the organisation as a whole provides a much needed place in the micronational community, away from the toxicity of Project Nations. The organisation has gained much influence under Randouler and Kaos, yet still remains a relaxed and welcoming community
Q: What are your opinions regarding the expansion of the Konmalehth and what nations we should accept into the organisation?
A: I feel that with the establishment of the KommonStates and its leadership under Nicolas Kaos, the Konmalehth can continue to expand and bring in new members who will enrich the community further. While I am fairly new compared to other micronations, I shall continue to research applicants and make an unbiased decision on whether they should be allowed to join the Konmalehth.
Q: What do you believe the Konmalehth's place is within the intermicronational community?
A: The Konmalehth provides an important place within the community. The nations are welcoming and the discussion is relaxed. The organisation has helped me develop Helverica into a fully functioning nation and I hope that if I am elected, this help may continue to help newer nations like mine begin to thrive and develop.
Q: Tell us about any specific changes, reforms or policies you would wish to implement within the Konmalehth.
A: I would support Emiel Hardy's motion to create a Konmalehth-wide broadcasting union and would also like to implement a newspaper or news source for Konmalehth-specific news.
Q: How would your Konmalehth news source function? Who will be the editors and how will they be selected?
A: The news source would be a website or a blog that would contain articles about recent events in the organisation. Editors could be chosen at the quorum's discretion.
Q: What is your opinion regarding your opposing candidate?
A: I like Connor. He is a great guy who has created a great nation. It's going to be hard to contend against him.
Q: What are your thoughts regarding the sole Chair candidate and your potential executive colleague Emiel Hardy? Are you concerned regarding the lack of competition in the Chair elections?
A: As I have said before, I will support Hardy in the election and will support his motion for a broadcasting union. However, I am concerned about the lack of choice for candidates. If someone does not agree with Hardy, they may feel like they are under-represented or their vote is wasted.
Q: Although it is potentially far from the priority for now, would you see yourself as a potential Chair of the Konmalehth in the future?
A: If I am elected and my motions are supported, I will consider having a break for a term but then perhaps running for Chair. If I am not elected, I may run next term for the position of Vice-Chair.
Q: Finally, please explain why the representatives of the Konmalehth should select you as Vice Chair?
A: I would try to take suggestions from them and respond to their feedback. I would hope to expand the Konmalehth through the KommonStates and through an outreach officer.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us

Hasanistan, officially the Federal Republic of Hasanistan (Hasani: Hasanistan Federal Jumhuriyeti), is a self-proclaimed state with territorial claims situated across the Greater Middle East region. Hasanistan has been described as a micronation or an alternative government by external observers due to its lack of international recognition and the minimal control over the regions it holds territorial claims upon.

Apply for citizenship

Social

Translation

Blog Archive